In this article, you will learn how to connect OLED Display with arduino step by step easily. In this tutorial I used 128×64 (0.9 inch) OLED display and Arduino uno.
About OLED Display
This display is made of 128×64 individual white OLED pixels, each one is turned ON or OFF by the controller.
In this tutorial I used i2c variant of OLED display and a SPI version is also available in market. Thsi board uses i2c 7bit address between 0x3c – 0x3D.
Since it uses i2c protocol to communicate, it is very easy to connect with Arduino.
Arduino OLED connections
OLED DISPLAY ARDUINO UNO
Interfacing OLED with Arduino
Step by Step Instructions
- Connect OLED display with Arduino Uno as connections given in the circuit.
- Install the 2 libraries, you can download from the link at the end of article.
- For Installing library Open Arduino IDE -> Sketch -> Include Library -> Add Zip library -> Select the library -> click open.
- Similarly do for both libraries.
- Now go to Arduino Directory where libraries are stored. Usually it is located in documents folder for Windows users.
- Open libraries -> Adafruit_SSD1306-master ->Open Adafruit_SSD1306.h file.
- Uncomment #define SSD1306_128_64 and comment the remaining both as shown in the video. Save the file.
- Open the code and upload the code to Arduino Uno.
Download OLED Display Arduino library
Download OLED Arduino code
If you face any problem or you have any queries, feel free to comment below.