In this article, you will learn how to make an LED cube step by step easily with Arduino.
An LED cube is arrangement of LEDs in cubical fashion, where LEDs glow in a specific pattern.
Lets Gets Started…
Hey Guys, Get electronic components at great offer.
- Arduino Nano
- Resistors – 100 Ohms -4 [ LCSC ]
- LEDs (Diffused) – 64 [ LCSC ]
- Non Enameled Copper Wire
- Female Header pins [ LCSC ]
- Single Stand Wire
- Soldering Iron
- Soldering Wire [ LCSC ]
Watch Video First!!!
LED Cube Arduino Code
LED Cube – Step by Step Procedure
- Check all LEDs are glowing.
- Straight the Non enameled copper wire.
- Drill holes in cardboard according to the pattern attached with the drill bit size of LED.
- Form the loop at all negative terminals of the LEDs.
- Trim the LED terminals, as per your requirement.
- Place the LEDs in the holes drilled on cardboard (all positive terminals must be facing same row).
- Cut copper wire according to the lenght of the frame side,
- Solder all LEDs positive terminals, connecting with copper wire, which we cut earlier, in a row.
For better understanding refer video.
- Build 4 frames.
- Check the frames, all LEDs are working or not.
- Take one frame and insert the copper wires pieces (4inch) in each loop of LED (-ve terminals).
- Solder the loop, take care that copper wires inserted are straight and verticle.
- Insert the remaining frames into the base frame maintaining a sufficient space.
- Solder the frame joints.
- Now insert the frame on perfboard and solder.
- Solder the female headers to insert Arduino Nano.
- Solder a wire to each frame and solder the free end to perfboard.
- Solder 100 Ohms resistor at each terminal of the wire.
- The other end of resistor must connect to Arduino Nano as following
Layer 1 –> A0
Layer 2 –> A1
Layer 3 –> A2
Layer 4 –> A3
- Connect the wires, from Arduino nano to frame as given in the picture.
- Now upload the code to Arduino nano.
That’s all Guys, you made it!
If you have any queries, comment below.
If you like this project, give support by subscribe to my YouTube Channel and share this article.
Have a good day!